Monday, January 10, 2011

Calvin Ramsey Interviewed!


Whats new in Calvin's world?
Well, I just started my second semester here at CofO (College of the Ozarks : Branson, Missouri) and have the enormous blessing of living on campus opposed to commuting. Oh and I just learned switch tres!

How is school, what are you studying?
Well, so far school has been great, I'm super blessed to be going to CofO. My major at the moment is Psychology but lately I have been considering a major in sound engineering or something similar.

How is living on campus and away from your family now?
Of course it was somewhat emotional at first and I do miss them, but I love living on campus!

What music do you find yourself listening to a lot right now?
Currently I have been listening to this mash up of The Black Keys and Big Boi which is really good. The Walkmen, Deerhunter, the new Smith Western's single "All Die Young" is really good too.

How does your relationship with God play into your skateboarding?
Skateboarding has been one of the biggest blessing I've ever received. I've met so many friends and traveled to various places. To be honest, I enjoy skateboarding much more when my relationship with the Lord is going well.

Who do you find yourself skating with the most?
Levi Pollard (stunt fetus), Mark Vote, my imaginary friend (jk).


How has God been blessing you lately?
Where to begin..... I have food, clothes, friends, family, school, skateboarding, health...... I could go on forever. The worst part.....I don't deserve any of it.

What have you been struggling with lately?
Without going into too much detail I'll just generalize it with Lust. Lust, lewd/crude language, fear and doubt have always been my biggest struggles.

Any advice to someone who is struggling with the same thing?
The biggest thing I've learned about any and every sin, is that there is ALWAYS an opportunity to say no or to choose the right choice. It is promised in the Bible...I can't remember where though! I think it's in Romans.

Is there a scripture you have been chewing on lately?
Nothing in particular at the moment, but Romans 7: 14-25 has been coming up over and over to me. hmmmmm

Romans 7:14-25 14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 2425 a slave to the law of sin. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature.

Back tail that man-sized 8 you front boarded or switch hill bomb down town Branson into the landing?
Back tail for sure.... I hate bombing hills haha SPEEEED WOOOOBLES

Any last words of encouragement to who ever is reading this?
I know it's cliche, but I believe a relationship with the Lord is the most important thing in our lives. God is your friend, talk to Him about anything and everything. How your feeling, if your upset with something, if your mad at something....everything.

1 comment:

  1. Calvin, I love this man. You made such a good point on resisting sin. We've always got a choice! 1 Corinthians 10:13 is one of those promises. "No temptation has siezed you except what is common to man. and God is Faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." also James 4:7-8 "Submit yourselves then, to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you..."

    ReplyDelete