Monday, January 10, 2011

Dylan Harreld Interviewed!



Dylan how are you buddy?
Pretty dang good man, watching the blizzard outside. I actually took about three days off from skateboarding to enjoy the last few days of winter break before school starts up.


What have you been up to lately?
I am currently working on a video for Wisdom Skateboards which is a Christian Skateboard Company founded by Dave Tinker, in sunny Winter Springs, Florida.


How is school going?
Good, I actually have the highest GPA I think I have ever had. It's so much easier when you are studying something you actually enjoy.


What are you studying?
Graphic Design Technology. It's something I can actually see myself doing in the Skateboard Industry in years to come.



Are you still on the job hunt?
Actually no, I have a homie that is hooking me up with a job at the local Zumiez here.


What are you struggling with anything at the moment?
Life is always going to be a struggle, without life's struggles we wouldn't have values, and we wouldn't learn some of life's greatest lessons. When I first moved to Springfield I definitely was struggling with fitting in. Tentative asked me to skate a local competition with them, I was super nervous to be honest. The team prayed before the event took place, and luckily the Lord not only calmed my nerves, but I had an almost flawless run. After that making friends around the skate park was really easy for me to do. I was so blessed the Lord answered my prayer that day, its another example that all prayers, no matter how small are heard.


Well we are a skateboard ministry, so have you been able to skate as much as you want with it being so cold and nasty outside?
It actually is the first year I have been able to skate an indoor park. I am always taking advantage of that.


Where do you find yourself skating at since its the middle of winter?
I am almost always at the Springfield Skatepark, if I am not progressing in skateboarding, I am trying to teach by example that you can be a gnarly person without drugs, alcohol, and swearing.

Any words of encouragement to anyone reading this?
The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
Psalms 27: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment